State Board Exam
Arkansas Beauty School-Little Rock (ABS-LR) is authorized by the Arkansas Department of Health-Cosmetology Section (ADH-Cosmetology Section) to test students in the practical areas of Cosmetology, Manicuring, Esthetics, and Teacher Training. Students enrolled in ABS-LR must successfully complete state practical examination and written examination before receiving a practitioner's license in any of the stated fields.
Arkansas Department of Health-Cosmetology Section offers written state examinations through a third-party vendor, PSI. Information on how to register for a written exam can be found at ADH-Cosmetology Section Written Examination.
Upon approval from ADH-Cosmetology Section, PSI will send the applicant an email confirmation with instructions for scheduling an appointment to take the written exam. If an email address was not provided on the student's testing application to the ADH-Cosmetology Section, the examinee will receive a postcard from PSI with scheduling information.
Students applying for practical examination with ABS-LR must meet the following criteria:
- Completed the required number of clock hours in a training program regulated by ADH-Cosmetology Section
- Completed and submitted an application for Practical Examination to the Registrar of ABS-LR located at 9100 N. Rodney Parham Ste 101 in Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
- Submitted the practical examination fee of $65.00
- Met the requirements for graduation as outlined by ABS-LR; met the requirements for early testing as outlined by ABS-LR and ADH-Cosmetology Section
LOCATION & TIME OF PRACTICAL EXAMINATION
Students approved to take their practical examination will test at 8521 Geyer Springs Road Unit 30 in Little Rock, Arkansas 72209. Examinees should arrive at the location 15 minutes before the start of their test on examination day. A state-issued photo id is required for admittance. Late arrivals may be turned away and no refunds will be issued for late arrivals or No Shows. Exams will be given at the following times on the designated day:
- 8:00 am Cosmetology Practical Examination
- 11:30 am Instructor/Teacher Training Practical Examination
- 1:30 pm Esthetics Practical Examination
- 1:30 pm Manicuring Practical Examination
REQUEST FOR SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS
Arkansas Beauty School-Little Rock will make every effort to meet reasonable accommodations to fit an examinee's needs during their practical examination. Applicants with disabilities or those who would otherwise have difficulty taking the exam should contact the Program Director of ABS-LR at 501-562-5673.